Formed by Grassi (born 1924) and Parisotto (born 1928), GiPi had a factory in Opera near Milan and built a total of 10 cars from the late 1970s until the 1980s. Some were fitted with Ferraris 1000cc engines, others with Ford Cosworth and Alfa Romeo engines. Most chassis were small, with only one large chassis being built (number 10M-83). Grassi and Parisotto later repaired historic cars in the same factory. The cars are still used today for hillclimbing.